Sunday, June 16, 2013

Amplify - June Mix

This is a mix I'm glad I've gotten the chance to upload, mostly because other issues prevented me from hearing it that night as I would have liked to (loitering around the DJ booth as I usually do).

Marred by horrible weather among other things the gig quickly turned into a bunch of bass-heads and their close friends spinning sets for each other, waxing poetic in the back about what this scene could become. I for one was incredibly invigorated by the talent I saw displayed at the lounge last week; it gave me the drive to work on creating a viable, sustainable scene for us on the island for the electronic revelation that's been quickly crawling it's way into charts and festivals across the nation. Make no mistake; electronic music is becoming our generation's medium.

But more to the mix at hand, I feel like this set is a prime example of where our scene is currently; Amplify's style is, well let's say expansive, he reaches from far corners of different sub-genres and pulls them together to create cohesive sets that mesh and flow; and honestly, what more could we club-goers really ask for when swaying around with drinks in our hand?

So if you agree bump this mix; and if you dig this mix go hit up his soundcloud/mixcloud and post ghetto comments everywhere (oh yeah, and tell him we sentcha lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment