Friday, November 22, 2013

Luzcid - BANGN' (Docta Philth Retwerk)

fromtheslums67You have to kind of wonder where this kid gets these samples... Like where the fuck do you find this crazy shit? As I sit down and fire up Mr. Philth's latest retwerk of Luzcid's "Bangn" I'm left to sit mouth agape at the mental ward worthy array of off-beat sounds this producer has collected into a single track.

Now when we look at the overall encompassing umbrella of "real trap shit" one does have to wonder what differentiates this track the multitude of others that I'm sure are out there with similar beat structures and 808-heavy drops and breakdowns; is it the slight flare in build-up he showcases before the second drop? Or is it simply the tenacity to lead off a track with such a weird synth array? 

To be honest I'm not quite sure, but I find myself of the general opinion the Doctor was putting as lot of effort into the heavy attributes of this track, rather then the original twists he could have brought to this banger. But all in all the track accomplishes what it sets out to do, although I would love to see if this producer can get more creative in some of his upcoming original tracksd

No comments:

Post a Comment