Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ahmi - Fades

Now most bass-heads who have perused this blog probably know by now that I like me a lot of Trip-hop, and part of it is probably just because I smoke too much, but there's also something else there entirely; you can never really put your finger on it but whenever you hear those switched up timings and psychadelia drenched synthlines you can hear a little bit of the future behind it.

Truth be told I've had many stoned conversations with Ray (our other blog writer) about how someday mainstream hip-hop will morph into something similar, slowly influenced over time by the rumblings of the underground club scenes. For now we producers and DJs will have to sneak in the breakbeats and alternative where we can get away with it; cause let's face it the average club-goers of our area just aren't ready, sure when Mr. Bangladesh drops his "A Milli" beat it won Lil Wayne a grammy, and I can remember last year when Zeds Dead dropped a Salem beat the entire Nokia (I guess now it's called "best buy" but w.e) Theater shat itself; but a DJ who fills an entire set with these revelations is gonna get some weird looks, cause a set needs bangers right?

That's why I've been really digging Ahmi's recent slew of tracks this month, as the summer winds down this shaolin producer has taken the scenic road towards good beats and it's definitely starting to pay dividends for him. Showing that while a beat can be hard and shuffle-able, it can also bring emotion and insight. Idk lol probably getting ahead of myself, so why not just go listen to the track and show Ahmi some love. Cause it's artists like this that make me love where this scene is headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment