Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dubyero - August Mix

When it comes to kids from Staten Island; musical taste is often a much ridiculed topic. I'll admit when I first moved to the island I was kinda confused by the sheer amount of cheesy punk persuasion backed with this odd love for all things Wu-Tang related... Shit did not make sense to me.... Like at all... But it was only after a few years of living in new brighton and loitering in random parking lots that things started to make sense to me, about the weird clashes of shitty music taste we all share and how they collide to make a singular identity. Because sometimes that's what I find myself believing this generation is; the aftermath of a pop-culture wasteland. That's also what I believe is so promising about the scene in general; that artists have literally mounds of crap and generations of shitty radio to warp and construe into something relevant. A sinister and creepy electronic underbelly to the dead genre warzone we've had floating over the radio above us for the past, what... two decades?

This all leads to why I'm pretty hype to feature this month's mix by newcomer Dubyero; the kid's style so far is the epitome of mainstream house being filtered down into the underground and the sick changes that morph along with that descension. Quite simply, it's the pure joy of listening to light poppy tunes transform into electro-step monsters; and this is a classic joy among underground electronic fans, so I feel it's only appropriate to add this sort of overlay to a month that's probably gonna be filled with some really weird tracks to on this blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment